Review: Bath and Stonehenge

I recently visited Bath and Stonehenge and I would like to share some moments with you.

Stonehenge


The world known Stonehenge is absolutely a must for someone visiting England. This mysterious circle of stones has amused people and historians over the centuries. 

I wonder if it really has to do with the sun, as the sun is not visible in England most of the time. 

 The audio guide had some interesting information. Recently it is thought that Stonehenge was a cemetery for the ancient elite. I also learned that the stones were believed to have healing effects and people used to steal them when the area was not protected yet.

Is it a temple to worship the sun? A hug calendar? A healing place?

Stonehenge site is not only a bunch of stones in the middle of the field. Very nice facilities are build near it, with souvenirs, exhibitions and bar.

Hi!
Bath

Quite near to Stonehenge, the creepiest cities I have ever seen. When I first saw it from the hill I was so impressed that I didn't even take any photo.

Bath is known for its architecture and is part of World Heritage Site since 1987. The name "Bath" is linked to the presence of thermal baths in the city centre, build by the Romans.

Lets get back to architecture. People in Bath say that the main designer, John Wood the Elder, and later his Son, were part of free masons, and the whole city is built on hidden symbols. First of all, the main streets of the city form the shape of a key.


The Circus is one of the main attractions, Its is the circle shape object shown in the first photo.


Interesting fact: The circus is said to have been inspired by Stonehenge. Their diameters are the same.



Finally, the greatest building is The Royal Crescent, again in Georgian style.

Interesting fact: While The Circus is said to represent the sun, judged by the round shape and the link to Stonehenge, the Royal Crescent looks to represent the moon. 

The Royal Crescent is build 230 years ago.

Well, I am not a fan of the conspiracy things, but the city had a strange, but yet cozy atmosphere, or maybe this was just the way how I felt about it...


Before leaving, we had a cup of tea in a very cosy bar that I loved. I definitively loved Bath and its fantasy architecture.



Thank you for reading.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

No news this time

About the blog

How can we be humble, when we really think this is the most Albanian clever blog you have ever came across. SHIKUS is a blog that features political ideas and debates on economic and social liberties. Occasionally you will find book reviews, essays, short writings and other fun stuff.

About me

I have been reading economics since 2012. I love all things beautiful. I also love history, Albanian traditions, and perfumes.

Elbasan-Tirana-Cardiff-London